Directions & Map
M.A.R.I. is located on the 3rd floor of Dinwiddie Hall, 6823 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans, LA. It is the right-hand most of the three limestone buildings at the front of Tulane University’s uptown campus.
Taking the Streetcar
The St. Charles Avenue streetcar (Route 12) is the most convenient way to reach M.A.R.I. Please visit the NORTA website for route map and schedule. Tulane University is located across the street from Audubon Park. Dinwiddie Hall is the right-hand most of the three limestone buildings that constitute the formal entrance to the Tulane Campus on St. Charles Avenue.
Driving From I-10
From the West
· Leave the interstate at Exit 232 (US-61/Airline Dr/Carrollton Ave) toward Tulane Ave.
· Take the Carrollton Ave/I-10 exit on the left
· Keep left at the fork and go on S. Carrollton Ave. Continue for approximately 2.5 miles.
· Turn left onto St. Charles Ave.
· M.A.R.I will be on the left side approximately 0.8 miles down the road
From the East
· Merge onto US-90W via Exit 234C on the left toward Claiborne Ave.
(after the split, be sure to stay in the right lane)
· Turn left onto Nashville Ave.
· Turn right onto St. Charles Ave.
· M.A.R.I. will be on the right side approximately 0.6 miles down the road
There are several on-campus parking options. Visitors may purchase a one-day parking pass from the Traffic office during business hours and from Public Safety after hours. Vehicles parked on campus must display a permit between 8am and 5:30pm, Monday through Friday.
Visitors may also pay to park on the ground level of the Diboll Complex or use parking meters located throughout campus. Parking permits are not required when parking in timed or metered spaces, provided the time limit (posted on each meter) is obeyed and the parking meter is not expired.
Free parking is available at the University Square during the day. A free shuttle will drop riders at the central part of campus. The University Square shuttle service operates Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. and runs approximately every twenty minutes. For additional parking information call 504.865.5381.
It is sometimes possible to find street parking in the neighborhood surrounding campus. Be aware that much of the street parking has a two hour limit.
Dinwiddie Hall is handicap accessible. The elevator is located at the St. Charles end of the building.
Please visit the Visitors section of the Tulane website for more information. The Tulane University Travel Portal has information about flights, travel agencies, car rentals and more.
For a map of the uptown campus,